BioEnergy 2014: Pathways to Bio-Prosperity
Join us in Prince George, Canada for the 6th International Bioenergy Conference and Exhibition. Over the three days of the conference, held at the centre of one of the largest biomass fibre baskets in the world, there will be many opportunities to learn more about the industry in British Columbia as well as the latest global trends in technology, project development, policies and regulations.
The theme of this year’s conference is Pathways to Bio-Prosperity. In keeping with that theme, we will be taking a look at all the various pathways by which biomass finds its way to market — as energy, as fuel, gas and additional bioproducts. We’ll also be hearing about some of the latest technologies revolutionizing this industry, as well as important discussions about the sustainability of the industry and the policy and economic environments driving its future.
Author, “The Leap: How to Survive and Thrive in the Sustainable Economy”
Author and Globe & Mail National Newspaper Columnist
Also featuring an international lineup of bioenergy sector leaders:
- Joseph Seymour – Executive Director, Biomass Thermal Energy Council
- Bruce Duguid – Head of Sustainability, UK Green Investment Bank
- Seth Walker – Associate Bioenergy Economist, RISI
- Michael Bradley – Director of Sustainable Initiatives, Canfor Pulp
- Ken Shields – Chairman of the Board, Canadian Bioenergy Association
- Dave Peterson – Assistant Deputy Minister, BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
- Josh Lieberman – Program Director, American Biogas Council
- Alan Fitzpatrick – President, Nechako Green Energy
- Tony Madia – Vice-President, Corporate Development, Conifex Energy
- Barry Zwicker – CEO, Propel Energy
- Jerry Ericsson – President, Diacarbon Energy
- Larry Gooder – Business Development Manager, Borealis Wood Power
- Steve Price – Executive Director, Bio-Solutions, Alberta Innovates
- Matthew Segal – Manager, Calvert Street Group
- Brad Bennett – Vice-President, Operations, Pacific Bioenergy and President, WPAC
- Dominik Roser – Research Leader, Forest Feedstocks, FP Innovations
- Karl Marietta – Vice-President, Western Canada, FVB Energy
- Jan Larsson – Partner, Energy North
- Scott Beck – Engineering Technologist, Village of Telkwa
STILL SPACE LEFT IN THE TRADE SHOW
WE MEAN BUSINESS
Delegates are invited to sign up for the International Partnerships Forum and Business-to-Business Meetings between Canadian and International delegates.
We believe business is such an important part of the conference, it’s included in your registration.
Get more information on the B2B opportunity.
EXCLUSIVE TOUR OPPORTUNITIES
If you’ve never seen the province of British Columbia, and the industry at its heart, here’s your chance. We will be offering a tour of the province’s forestry and bioenergy operations, leaving Vancouver on June 8 and arriving in Prince George on June 10, just in time for the conference.
And following the conference, we will be offering delegates a tour of one of the region’s most forward-looking bioenergy facilities. Nechako Green Energy in Vanderhoof, British Columbia integrates a sawmill, a planer mill, a pellet mill and a first of its kind ORC system designed by Turboden to create a closed-loop energy system.